BookMooch logo

home browse about join login
Forum: BookMooch Discussion
PREV -
NEXT +
MESSAGES >
?

ISBN Number

I am new to BookMooch. When I add a book to give away using the ISBN number, it says the book was found on Amazon, but then everything is blank. The Author, Title, etc. So I entered it by hand. How can ISBN be found but then not list anything?

Tony
4 years ago

Comments

This has been an issue for a long time and we have reported it and it has not been fixed. I would still post it using the actual ISBN since you can still put an ISBN with a blank entry on your wishlist. When I see a blank entry, I will add a review that is just the author name and book title. You can try refreshing the data on the book page, but I have never seen that fix the problem.
Sarah
4 years ago
Today is digital detox day - delete redundant websites, mailing lists and remove bookmooch fora that you do not use. The last post here was spammy - so I recommend leaving this one.

But of course I would much rather than books were mooched instead. I post here (as there was a post in the last fortnight) to ask about this - how can we deal with this spam and re-invigorate the site?

The issue over ISBN can only be partially worked around by had entering, as it appears that Amazon database has been used and when it is wrong this cannot be corrected...

marcus petz
2 years ago

Write a comment

Join this forum

Receive this thread by email

Security check: type the name of the author displayed in the image below

SAVE YOUR COMMENT >