BookMooch logo

home browse about join login
Forum: BookMooch Discussion
PREV -
NEXT +
MESSAGES >
?

Adding Books to Inventory

I am having a lot of trouble adding books and I'm about ready to call it quits on this site. Sometimes but not always my titles are not showing up. So when someone requests a book there is no title. Has anyone else experienced this and how do I correct the issue?

Jalynn
6 years ago

Comments

I think this may be to do with recent problems on the server, resulting in a server reboot - see the BookMooch Discussion forum. I've added a book recently that was recognised by BM yet appeared in my inventory without a title.
In my experience, this type of problem usually sorts itself out.
jacquie
6 years ago
Sorry, that discussion about problems is on the BookMooch Blog part of the forum.
jacquie
6 years ago
I don't think this is related to the slowness, but rather that Amazon cut off the site's access to the US Amazon database. We can still use amazon.co.uk, for example, but not the US one. I have lots of books on my wishlist without titles, so don't assume that an empty book won't get requested. I often put a review on the book with the title and author.

To determine the title of a book someone requests, go to the book's page and then search for the ISBN on another site. If you can't get to the book's page directly, go to your inventory page and hover your mouse over the "remove" link. The link that shows up at the bottom of your browser will have a 9 digit number on it which is often the ISBN or ASIN. Searching for either one on another site like goodreads should give you the title.

Sarah
6 years ago

Write a comment

Join this forum

Receive this thread by email

Security check: type the name of the author displayed in the image below

SAVE YOUR COMMENT >